Home About Stuff Linkies




Aussie Aussie!
Monday, December 09, 2013 | 0 Superman(s)
Yes yes yes. I know. Haven't been blogging for so long. I'd give you a big bunch of excuses, but it just sums up to me actually catching up with work and people. And sleep of course, definitely sleep. -nods.

SO. I didn't really take a lot of photos there. So troublesome to keep whipping out my phone for every single thing when everyone else was already having one. Hahaha. For every photo we took, we stayed in that pose for about 3-4 more cameras. So yeh. Mine was absolutely unnecessary.

Nevertheless, I did take a few photos, videos too. It's not much, and for the life of me I can't actually remember every single place we went.


On the plane ride there with mommy (:

 For Ben's birthday! ^^



The first day there we didn't do a lot.. Pretty much rested the day away. Dinner was pretty awesome tho. Aunty Sarah cooked enough for 20 hungry mouths hahaha. She takes overkill to the extremeee. Nevertheless, food was really good!

Set off for Mount Gambier the very next morning. Cannot believe it. The photo below depicts only a portion of what Aunty Sarah brought there for our 4nights stay. #whatintheworld


This wasn't all! Ice box was all drinks and meat that had to be frozen. The other bags all contained condiments, spices, and I have seriously no idea what. Really. It was so cool. Hahahaha. She intended to cook dinner everyday, so I presume those were all groceries. There were other bags full of I-don't-know-what too. All in all, she basically partially brought her whole house over, I guess.

Headed to Port Adelaide after setting off with packed luggages. Did some no shopping there. Nothing much to buy. Only tourists go there, and prices are pretty much a rip off. OH! Now that I think of it, we did get a pretty good deal on the warming dishes.


They look something like that, if you have no idea what I'm referring to. We grabbed 5 for AUD30. Good quality too! My goodness. Now THAT, is what I call a good deal.

Headed over to this place that serves really good fish&chips that we apparently used to go the last time we were there. Can't remember a thing! But we missed it though. By the time we rushed to the place it was 445 and the place was closed already! Omg. So cui. The shops there on the overall close waaaay too early. It's 4pm on a normal day and maybe 5-6 on better days?

Since that wasn't an option, we rushed to the next town and managed to snag one that was still open! Found a seat next to the sea, sat under the blazing sun and got frozen by the chilling wind and sea breeze. Extra chips were sent flying into the beaks of these adorable seagulls! One thing to note tho. Once you start feeding one, they start calling and within five minutes the whole family flock arrives. Now, that's when things can get a little ugly. Apparently, they will team up to distract your attention and steal your food right in your face! Got a little spooked out when they started arriving in flocks too. The noises they make is no joke. Lol.



Headed back to our rental home after a fulfilling lunch. That place was just pure awesomeness. Sumpa. It was fully furnished and equipped. Had 3 bedrooms, hugeass living room, two tvs, hugeass kitchen space with a dining table, front yard that was pretty bare, back yard that had a rusted grill. Nevertheless, awesome. Hahaha. Kitchen was fully equipped with a dishwasher, oven, microwave, stove, pots, pans, plates, utensils, cloths and a fridge. Whatever you name it, they have it. They even had a washing room with a washing machine and a dryer. Brooms, mops, vaccum all in! We had ten, and we fit in pretty comfortably. They had loads of extra beds and linens in the event you have a big party staying over. No complaints whatsoever! One more important point, every single room was fully equipped with a heater. Thank God for heaters. It was unbelievably cold, and I don't understand how Ben survived with only a polo tee most of the time. We were all layering and covering up and there he was, just strolling past in a short sleeved polo with jeans. Talk about insulting.

 Rental of the home didn't come cheap tho. It was about AUD400 per night. But I think it was overall pretty worth it. Came up to about AUD200 per pax for 4 nights? Mad worth it.

 Our rides for the duration of the trip! Sat in the four wheeled drive behind. SO COMFY I TELL YOU! If I ever get a car, four wheeled drive is the way to go. -nod nod.

 Salt grinder.
This photo doesn't do it justice, but beggars can't be choosers. Pretty pretty pink salt!
 Madly in love with this photo.
Sun was pretty harsh on us that day, and it makes it look like I took this photo in HD. Seriously. No filters used, taken with a 4S!
feeling so proud of myself can. Hehhh ^^

 Pretty pretty xmas tree at the information centre!

 CAN YOU FRIGGIN BELIEVE THAT IT'S SUMMER?
This wasn't even the worst. There was one day where the max was only 9degrees. BRRRRRR~

 fish&chips, AGAIN. Our lunch every single day maaan.


  
 Ben is like our unofficial mascot.
A must in every single photo!
 I didn't even know there was such a thing.
 Midway-point!
There was melbourne and something else on the other end, but the
sun was too strong, it came out all dark! boo.

 Bad photo, but we saw this amazing family of kangaroos! All 9 of them!
The irony was that we were actually looking for koalas, and we didn't
see any koalas.


 This was at the top of some mountain, no idea which.
Climbed so many I couldn't count! Somewhere along the Bay road la.
 This I think I know. It should be at the top of the Centenary Tower.
Managed to spot a blue tongued lizard. There he was, just lying in our path!


So yes, I'm sorry, but that's it for my photos. Hahahaha. So pathetic right, I know. Oh well. I believe more in seeing it with your eyes than spend those precious moments fiddling with your camera trying to capture it through the lenses.

A very good example was when we were driving to the airport on our last day there, I spotted a halo in the sky!




It looked EXACTLY like that, just that the skies weren't black, and it was in the middle of town! Seriously. I pointed out to the rest, and they all scrambled for their phones and cameras. By the time they had it out, we already drove past the street and we were blocked by trees. See what I mean? I was just there staring and admiring, and they missed it just because they were too busy fiddling with their electronics. This is why, I'm not that big a fan of taking photos of my meals. Only when I'm bored and have time to spare I guess. Hahah.


Busy busy busy, so many events coming upppp. Horse racing, D&D, and xmas parties! I so so so love December. Awesome weather, awesome festivals! Hehh. ((:

Kayyy, that's it for now! And as we all say, till we meet again, mate!



The Past | The Present
Template by Nurah. Tuto from WA. Icons from Pixel. Music by Yonghwa. Colour from HTML

music