Home About Stuff Linkies




Food for thought
Friday, April 22, 2011 | 0 Superman(s)
this is a post, that im going to bitch about food. literally.

So today I went with Eugene to Nando's at Plaza Singapura to have dinner. After various twists and turns, we arrived at around 8.10. There was such a long queue! But apparently Eugene said its a nice place, so we decided to give it a try. We waited for half an hour to get seated! And obviously in my mind I was thinking along the lines of 'this better be worth the wait'. It wasn't that I was especially hungry or anything, just don't see what's worth waiting for! Guess I gotta give it a try to find out. Since it was quite crowded and everything, we quickly placed our orders!

I mean, I see the attraction. The spices and 'hotness' thing was an ingenious idea! But seriously, nothing pisses me off more than bad service. First, it was so freaking hard just to place my order. Not a single soul in sight! They were all either hiding behind the counter, or God knows where. When I thought I finally got the attention of someone, they just glanced my way, straight into my eye, and walked off to the kitchen I presume. I mean, even if you weren't free to serve, isn't it basic courtesy to at least acknowledge me and maybe go the extra mile and help inform someone else instead of just stalking off making me seem like a fool just frantically waving my hands trying to get the attention of someone who has all the plans to ignore me? Seriously!

Got a little pissed at that, but when the waitress that took our order came, she seemed fairly friendly. It made me just a little happier! Ordered our food and drinks, and we chatted while waiting for our food to come. 20mins passed, and not even our DRINKS were at our table. It was totally empty! At first I thought since the whole place was quite crowded, maybe they're just too overwhelmed with orders. Then I realised, the table beside us ordered at the same time, and they've not only got all their drinks, but also their food. I was getting a little impatient, 'cause I mean, it was already 9! So we managed to get hold of someone, and asked them to help check on our food. When we said that, she just immediately said "coming la coming." OKAYYYYY. You have superpowers! You don't even need to check with the kitchen to know our food is coming! Let's just leave it at that first.

A few minutes later, this girl came running out shouting if anyone taken Table 7's order. THAT WAS OUR TABLE. So they freaking lost our order! And the woman before? She's losing her psychic powers I tell you. The girl that ran out screaming about our order went to talk to the manager (i think? she was wearing different uniforms). I literally stared at their exchange partly also 'cause they think we don't know their talking about us when they so obviously kept glancing at our STILL EMPTY table. And when I stared at them, she could actually stare right back at me and SMILE. HELLO! My food's 30mins late and you still can smile? The screaming girl then came to take our orders again when our original waitress that took our order came out saying they have it. Think they misplaced it or something. Obviously by now I was mad hungry, so I told the waitress to ask them to hurry the orders. SHE SAID I TRY. I mean, not that I'm particularly sensitive or whatever, okay maybe I am (hey i was pissed!), but shouldn't she have said OKAY and just get it done? You didn't even have to try so hard if you got things done right.

After that our food and drinks came fairly quick. And again, their food wasn't all that fantastic. I can see the appeal of the different degrees of hotness and everything, but that's all there is to it. I ate the 1/4 chicken, and it was just normal. the top part was okay, but when I flipped the chicken over, it was burnt. It just looked a little over-roasted on the surface, but when you put it in your mouth, the cancer cells attack you like crazy (FYI, eating burnt stuffs increases your chances of cancer, if you didn't already know). Didn't bother to even complain about that fact. Maybe that's intentional, who knows? God knows how long my food will take to come again if I requested they change it.

Here comes the funniest part. After we paid the bill, they gave us this voucher (Complimentary Dessert). No idea if it's a given, or due to their earlier mistake, but that's still not the point! It expires on 4th May 2011. WHATTHEHELL. If you sincerely want people to continue patronising your store, you have to allow us a time period for us to forget whatever bad experience we had and think "it's been a long time, maybe they changed for the better, can give it another try". By time period, I count by months. Apparently our concept of time value is a little different.

Yep. That sums up what I've had to say about the restaurant. Not going near that place in the near future. I'd consider giving it a try maybe in the far future, if they can survive that long.

Talking about this reminds me about the other place that had fabulous food, but I had the worst eating experience of my life. And I mean literally worst. It's this Swedish food at Arab Street. I was planning on talking about that after this post, but I got too carried away with this one and wrote too much! Haha. I'll talk more about it tomorrow. Now, I gotta sleep. It's 2am! Nights everyone.



The Past | The Present
Template by Nurah. Tuto from WA. Icons from Pixel. Music by Yonghwa. Colour from HTML

music